Our proposal for Scalloway will include:
- A convenience store that will stock everyday essentials, fresh fruit and veg, Fairtrade, free-from and vegan products.
- Creating around 20 new full and part-time jobs.
- An overall investment of £1.2 million.
- A Shetland based contractor to build the new Co-op store, meaning a boost for local construction jobs.
- 26 customer parking spaces including two accessible and two parent and child.
- A store that will run on 100% renewable electricity.
- A greener carbon footprint, as locals can meet more of their shopping needs locally as opposed to driving to Lerwick.
Representations to Shetlands Islands Council can be made separately by going to https://www.shetland.gov.uk/planning-applications/view-planning-applications and searching for the application under the reference 2021/105/PPF.
Click the images to enlarge