As you may know, Seamount Property Development submitted two planning applications to Shetland Islands Council in March 2021 for convenience stores in Sandwick and Scalloway, which if approved, will be operated by the Co-op.
We very much welcome your feedback on our proposals. Please click the Feedback tab at the top of this page to let us know your views. Alternatively, you can email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to Shetland as a community retailer:
- Through our stores in Lerwick and Brae we have been grateful to serve Shetland for many years and are committed to doing so for many more to come. Our latest proposals in Scalloway and Sandwick hope to improve our accessibility to all Shetlanders.
- We supply food to Nisa and two local community co-ops, increasing access and choice across Shetland.
- Over 130 product lines from local Shetland based suppliers.
- The Co-op is owned by its members, not investors or shareholders. For every member that chooses Co-op products, they get 2p in every £1 back to spend whatever they want. The same amount also goes to community organisations and local causes.
- Our Local Community Fund has given £130,000 to local causes in Shetland since 2016 including Mind your Head, The Open Project and MS Society Shetland.